GS01 Gas Detector
The GS01 is a wireless infrared gas transmitter for continuous monitoring of flammable hydrocarbon gases and vapours. Because of innovative ultra-low power MEMS technology, this transmitter can operate continually for up to 24 months with the small internal battery pack. The intrinsically safe and SIL-rated transmitter features completely wireless signal transmission with a range of up to 500 m. This makes the GS01 a flexible and cost-efficient solution for plant expansions, upgrades, and greenfield projects.
- True wireless, no cables - Wireless detection reduces project cost, installation time and maintenance effort whilst retaining the same safety levels provided by wired transmitters.
- Safe, wireless communication – The SIL2-capable GS01 uses the industrial wireless standard ISA100.11a for wireless communication. This object-based standard allows for the embedding of foreign protocols, including the SIL3-certified safety protocol PROFIsafe. In combination with GasSecure’s patented SafeWireless™ communication concept for fast and secure transfer of measurement data, this enables easy integration of the GS01 into safety instrumented systems (SIS).
- Fast detection and long battery life – GS01 technology combines fast infrared technology with ultra-low power operation. The detector response in matter of seconds provides early warning for increased plant safety without sacrificing a long battery life of up to 24 months.
- Saving time and money throughout the project – The project cost with GS01 can be significantly lower than for wired installations; the installation cost is typically reduced with 60 to 80 %. Wireless communication and battery power decrease the need for cables, junction boxes, and cabinets. Site installation work is significantly reduced with the ability to pre-configure all devices in advance. Additionally, planning, configuration and documentation of the system is minimised.
- Installations in demanding conditions – On offshore platforms or FPSOs, at tank farms and refineries – safety-related measuring points are many places. Some of these measuring points are extremely difficult if not impossible to monitor with wired gas detectors. In contrast, the GS01 wireless transmitter requires no cables, either for signal transmission or for its power supply. Therefore, the GS01 is the preferred choice for hard to reach and remote areas, areas where digging is expensive or dangerous, and moving equipment (crane, turret, jetties).
- Long radio range, fail-safe networks - The wireless communication range is up to 500 metres. With the transmitter’s repeater function this range can even be extended with additional wireless transmitters or alternative paths of communication can be enabled for a fail-safe network. Should you not require any additional gas measuring points in the application, the Polytron Repeater ISA100 comes into play.
Full data sheet available in Downloads.